Shravan or Sawan denotes the beginning of the monsoon in India. According to Vedas and Puranas, this particular Hindu month is especially dedicated to lord shiva devotees. They praise him and perform fasting on Monday, known as Shravan Somvar Vrat.
Devotees worship Lord Shiva to achieve success, joyous married life, and prosperity. During this period, there are certain things to avoid that are listed below.
Do’s & Don’ts:
- Do not drink milk on this day; instead, perform Abhishek (offering) of a Shivlinga with milk.
- Worship Shivalinga (Shivalinga puja) early in the morning, as early as possible.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and eating non-veg foods during Shravan month.
- Don’t consume brinjal or eggplant, as it is impure, according to Purana.
- Don’t avoid turmeric or Haldi whole worshipping Shiva.
- Keep your house and surroundings clean during this period.
Follow these rules to prevent any non-occurrences and gain Shiva’s blessings to keep a healthy and blessed life.
Feature Image Credit: Pinterest.