The Tirupati Balaji temple, India’s one of the biggest and most celebrated temples, is devoted to Lord Vishnu’s incarnation, Sri Venkateswara Swamy Balaji. But, few people are well-aware of the massive mythological and historical significance this temple bears. Countless people worldwide gather at this temple to praise Lord Balaji. It’s because it’s another most respected and influential temple across India.
So, in this article, we’ll talk about some esoteric details concerning the Tirupati Balaji Temple you may find interesting.
- A hanging lay oil lamp constantly lits in front of the deity. And, people think that this lamp has been burning for ages.
- The main idol has original hair that is always tangle-free and silky smooth.
- The back of the Balaji deity always remains too damp, no matter how many times it’s dried.
- The Balaji idol’s temperature remains at 110 degrees F, and the deity frequently sweats despite the Abhishekam.
- The flowers plucked off Balaji’s statue are dusted at the waterfall directly behind the idol.
- People believe that the stick on the temple’s front door is associated with Balaji. Ananthaalvar used it to beat Balaji when he was a kid.
- An eagle-shaped natural rock structure atop Garudadri Hill represents Balaji’s chariot.
- The entry arch to Tirumala Hill, considered unique in the world, solely resembles a serpent head.
So, experience Lord Balaji’s and receive Lord Vishnu‘s heavenly blessing.
Feature Image Credit: Pinterest.